Sunday 19 August 2007

Breaking the cycle

I've not been very talkative this last month. Mostly due to the fact that I haven't really had much time to myself, but also because I've not had a lot to say and I haven't been in the best of moods.

But tonight is definitely worth a post.
As most of you will know I'm turning 30 next week and I been really trying to push those "I'm 30, what have I achieved and what have I got to show for it" thoughts out of my mind. So not feeling altogether great about things, tonight gave me the breath of fresh air I needed!

And it was the doing of my family and friends. A surprise birthday party!!!
I must admit, I was a little freaked out by not knowing what tonight was all about. Though I had been given a few things to go on (and once you know there's a surprise you can't help but pick up on any small slip up) I was completely put off the scent by my friends who all did a brilliant job of assuring me they were not in the loop. Hats off to the one's that slipped up big time and who managed to turn it around at the last minute!

So I turn up - slightly peeved as my legendary parking had let me down and I had been circling the area for a good twenty minutes before settling my two front wheels bang in the middle of a zebra crossing - and find not only most of my family but all my closest friends were there too. PERFECT.

I had a really good night. Though it went by in such a flash that I didn't even have time to savor it as much as I would have liked. I would have liked to have spent time talking to everyone and catching up. The good thing - and I've been thinking this a lot lately - is that I have amazing people around me. People often ask me why i don't move back to the UK. This is why.

So for all you reading this that were involved. Thank You.

No comments: