Wednesday 23 February 2011

Geocaching

This is my new hobby.

Now you do have to be 'slightly' geeky to enjoy this, in fact given a gps (it's NOT as complicated as it sounds) anyone can do it.

It isn't just the hide and seek part if it that appeals to me, it's also the fact that I get to discover new parts of my city and others and that it gets me walking!

It is a great way to get out and oxygenate.

We've placed our first cache, and here i'm going to admit, that I'm quite excited by it.

Basically, we have hidden a box with a log book and other stuff in it in a public road right slap bang in the middle of  Brussels! and people walk past there every day and have no idea.

To tell people where it is we have logged the gps coordinates, they search for the box, open and leave their mark before placing it right back where they found it.

You can send an item from cache to cache and see where it ends up. It's quite cool.

And no time constraints, find as many or as little as you like, it's up to you.

No comments: