Monday 9 July 2007

Life is fine.

This thought came to me this evening.

Amidst all the stuff that's going on in my life at the moment - you know, those times when you feel you're in the wrong lane but you can't figure out how to get back into the right one without bashing a few bollards along the way (no, I'm not having a premonition, J) - I've hit a really good patch !

The ending of this job is actually coming at a pretty good time.
Right at the start of the holidays!
Just what I need: to take a breath, smell the roses and enjoy life for a bit.

So tomorrow, I'm off up north with two of my friends for a day of driving, expensive food, lots of queues, mental orange kangaroos and ... oh yeah... rollercoasters!
I know to most people this is quite sad. But I can't wait.


(I think I'm starting to sound like one of those coaster fans from the States wearing flag covered sweatshirts! Sexy.)

4 comments:

x said...

Woooooow....
Up North... "I see tree are green... red roses too... "

Anyway, enjoy this day. You're right telling you're going to have expensive food. Went pretty often there for my job years ago.

Please keep in mind this intercultural difference :
-Good = Cheap
-Beautiful= Cheap
-Expensive, doesn't mean you're gonna eat something "eatable".

Now, let's be realistic, a bottle of water should be enough since you're going in those hellish rollercoasters... Can't imagine you eat a spaghetti bolognese and then jump in the first rollercoaster...

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Wallaby. Roo.
'k?

AMC said...

Fair enough.

Anonymous said...

I'm such a pedantic bastard sometimes :)