Thursday 25 October 2007

In the midst of it all

I took some time out from the whole job searching thing last weekend and had a blast.

Much needed, but finally it seems things in that department are starting to move, which is a relief but absolutely terrifying. But that's a whole other subject.

John and Simon were back the bar. I wouldn't have mentioned this again, but this time Liz answered the call and rocked up just as I was making a Mojito. Anyway I won't get into details... I'll just say that one of us was clearly needing a night off and over did it slightly. (And Liz fell off her bar stool ;) )

After a very covert stakeout operation, we ended up one member down on Pitta Street at, I think, about 5am. An hour later, I realised this might have been a mistake.
(The stakeout was us following John home, (Liz on foot and Simon and I in the car) just to make sure he could make it on his own. There was suspiciously slow driving and whispering in the streets of Ixelles in the wee hours of the morning)

Think I got to bed at about 6.30. Hmm. Brilliant night.


Also this weekend, I blew off steam by cycling to Halle on the canal route.
36km, and while most of you will say it is flat and really not that far, for me it's quite an achievement.
And as much as I HATE moving my arse to get going, and sometimes regret it mid-way (and take it out of the person who is motivating me), the feeling you get when you sink into a hot bath when you get home, makes it all worth it. It makes me feel great but I can't really explain it.


Curry night tomorrow. :D

No comments: